Entry #6
I visited the sites that had the virtual tours on them. I saw an animation of the old theatre and all of the people that visited the plays. The people were divided into sections and the rich got better seats than the peasants. The poorer people did not was and people could not bare the stench of the other person. In the older theatre it looked like a bad place and personally I don't think that I would have liked to go there. I also visited a virtual tour of the theatre where you could see the modern look of the theatre. Now the modern theatre looks like a great place to go and watch one of Shakespeare’s great plays. The architectural appeal of the building is amazing and all of the stone carvings around the stage are really quite amazing. I think that I would really enjoy going to London’s Globe Theatre. I would like to sit in the galleries were there are seats and a better view of the stage. In the galleries you can also purchase food and have a better viewing experience. Many of the people sitting around you would also be of higher class and it might be more enjoyable than standing in the pit. In the theatre in pat times people would smell horrific and it would be probably be very distracting to watch the play. Sitting in the gallery would be far more enjoyable. An interesting fact that Mr. Keenan told us that was at the door the people would give you a lemon to hold in front of your nose so that your wouldn’t have to smell the horrible stench. On one of the websites it said that the person sitting beside you might have not have had a shower for over a year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment