Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Entry #2

Entry #2

Right now with reading October Sky I am very overwhelmed. This week dance has started up and all of my free time is being used. Getting an hour a day of reading is really not possible every day of the week. When Mr. Keenan gave us the book I began reading right away I am almost have a good 200 pages read. I thought I would ahead of the class. I had a good start on it but when I read the calendar I discovered that the class is supposed to read to the end of chapter 11 by tomorrow I panicked. I think the best strategy for me reading my book would be to try to read it every night on the days I am not overly busy. Over the weekend when I don’t have dance classes in the evenings I will try to get as far ahead as I can. I love reading and I think that will really help me get myself motivated to finish this book.
The October Sky assignments are also very consuming. Today we got another blog assignment that has to be finished by the end of the week as well as Journal entries. The journal entries look pretty straight forward and will probably pretty easy to write them. It’s just I have to find the time to do them. This weekend I will try to finish as many Journal entries as I can to try to get ahead. If I put my mind I finishing them I think I could get 5 or 6 done. We also have to do a character sketch on the characters in the novel, October Sky. I chose to do the mom because I think she is an important character that helped shape the novel. My mom is important to me and if I were to write a novel on my life she would defiantly be in my book. We also have to write a mini essay on the characters. I have written my rough draft and I just have to type it out.
My strategies for the book are to do as much as I can at one time and I believe I am very motivated to finish the book and all of the assignments.

1 comment:

stargirl115. said...

Great Job! Hopefully you can stay on task!
SJK