Entry #1
It has been a long 4 months of English but I have improved so much on so many different things. Mr. Keenan and Mr. Musto have taught us many things in such a short time frame. At the begging of the semester we watched the movie "JAWS" and talked about all the literary elements within it. I learned a lot about the different terminology within the movie. We also read the books "A Mid Summer Night's Dream” as well as "October Sky." These books had some new types of languages that I have never read about before. Shakespeare uses a completely different language than what we're used to today. I think I could still work on trying to decode some scenes in the book. We did a secret assignment before Christmas and we practiced are reading and writing skills. I had to do a lot of problem solving but I think I did very well in getting my message across. Throughout the semester we did many film studies with movies that had very strong messages, many of the movies I hadn't seen before. I think I improved this semester on exploring thoughts and ideas as well as collaborating with others. I collaborated well with others because I respected their opinions and support. I must continue to work on managing all my ideas and information. A way I could help manage my ideas would be to write in a journal or make a chart of what I am thinking when I read a book or do an assignment. I have a very strong opinion, I love to read, I enjoy writing, I listen to other people and I always get my work done on time. I believe that these traits that I posses will greatly improve my success in High School English. Considering how much I grew as a writer and a reader I would give myself an A for grade 10 English. I have become a better reader by reading a little bit each night before bed. I have created many oral, visual and media assignments throughout the year and I have done them with great effort and punctuality. English this year has been a great learning experience for me. I have learnt so much from Mr. Keenan and I trust that he has provided me with the skills that I will use for the rest of my high school experience and probably for the rest of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment